Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a certain amount of money in order to donate to the Lapeer County Community Foundation?
No, the Lapeer County Community Foundation accepts any monetary amount for a donation. In fact we not only accept cash and checks, we accept Public Traded Securities & Mutual Funds, Closely Held Stock, Real Estate, Tangible Personal Property, Life Insurance Policies, Pledges, and Planned/Deferred Gifts.
How can I start a fund in memory of someone in my. family?
Are there tax advantages to donating to the foundation?
Can I use my credit card to donate?
How can I get a grant from the community foundation?
The Foundation welcomes grant requests from organizations in and/or serving Lapeer County having recognition under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, educational institutions and governmental entities.
On the grant portion of this website the grant application is available in Adobe format. You can also call the Foundation office at 810-664-0691 to receive a copy of the grant application and grantmaking policies.
The Foundation funds charitable organizations that are able to demonstrate projects planned with respect to the community’s opportunities and needs.
The Foundation gives priority to programs that:
• Provide incentive for generating other funds and community resources
• Reach as many people as possible in Lapeer County
• Increase individual access to community resources
• Examine and address the underlying causes of local problems
• Promote personal independence and achievement
• Seek challenge or matching grants
• Attract volunteer resources and support
• Strengthen the private, non-profit sector
• Encourage and facilitate collaboration with other organizations
• Build the capacity of the applying organization.
The Foundation cannot grant monies to:
• Religious or sectarian purposes
• Legislative or political purposes
• Re-granting purposes
• Routine maintenance.
• Administrative costs for maintaining the operation of an organization